POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Passing variables between files?? : Passing variables between files?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Passing variables between files??
From: Michael Soda
Date: 14 Jun 1999 19:37:26
Message: <3765920A.B16A2958@erols.com>
Does anyone know how to pass values from one file into another?
Almost exactely like "clock" in an .ini file.  The value is
increased/changed
in  one file, and used in another?

I'm trying to render different "legs" of an entire animation sequence,
and
for each count of clock from 0 to 1, I need to render different things,
and
I just want to set a variable in Clock ("leg" or something) that would
be
passed into the main POV file, and based on this "leg" value, render
different legs of the overall animation.

either it's not possible, or if it is, I'm a dunce, and can't find info
on it
in the documentation.